Saturday, August 10, 2013

Karkku kieli leiri - Karkku Language Camp

The Karkku language camp that I have been attending for the past 6 days is over, and now I'm heading to the house of my host family. I learned quite a lot in those few days from a language perspective and also got a taste of the “Exchange Student” life. My baggage was lost, as I said before, so I spent the first two days in Karkku wearing the same clothes that I had worn to travel there. I would personally like to thank Dove “Cool Essentials” for helping me through that smelly time. 

In just 6 days I made friends that I feel that I have known for years, and will remember for the rest of my life. 

Have a look at some of the photos from the camp. We had a blast!







I am writing a post about my school experience now, and will post it when I feel I have a better taste of what it's like here. 

Claire
Finland’s little “Kanukki”

2 comments:

  1. Kanukki? Sounds like a character from the Lion King, what's it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canuck in Finnish. It's what they call some Canadians in Finland.

    ReplyDelete