Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lisää Vaellus - More Hiking

Ulla, Jukka, Elias and Anne, Ulla's sister, took me up to Saariselkä to hike the beautiful trails of northern Finland. 


As you might notice if you type Saariselkä into Google, I was well above the Arctic Circle. This marks my first time being above the Arctic Circle, and I spent almost 72 hours up there. 

We timed the trip perfectly with the changing of the leaves. The whole area was a beautiful golden colour with little patches of orange and green and occasionally red. There were moments during the hiking that I would have to stop, look around me and say "wow, I'm really here. This is really happening." 


I am so thankful that I had to opportunity to experience such beauty, and am forever thankful of my amazing host family.


We were visited by a lovely group of birds that were perfectly alright with sharing Elias' food.


"Making Friends"


Attempting pancakes.

The failed attempts

No comments:

Post a Comment